Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot accept a photostream invitiation

My wife has a MacBook Air and iPhoto and has been able to accept two photostream invitiations and see the photos in her iPhoto. Clearly, her system meets requirements and has been working.

Today she received an invitation to a third photostream. When she clicks on the 'join photostream' link, she gets a message telling her what versions of OSX, iPhoto she needs and that she needs to have an iCloud account - and she meets all these requirements.

She accessed the email invitation on the MacBook Air on google mail rather than through Mail (which she doesn't use and hasn't configured on this computer).

If she hadn't been able to subscribe to her other two photostreams, I would have assumed it was because she was not going through Mail but was going through webmail.

Any suggestions?

Peter

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 4:23 PM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2013 11:50 AM in response to griff w

Thanks for the thought, but I had already done considerable due diligence and reviewed these tips as well as a half dozen other treads in teh 'tubes. None of them provide any insight, unless I am missing something.

My wife has a system that works with photostream and has accepted and can view two streams from our kids. The third stream, she gets the invitation (we have had our kids send it more than once) and she clicks on the invititation and gets a nice message explaining what the system requirements are and that she needs to have an iCloud account.

Well, that made sense with her old computer (before we got her the brand new MacBook Air last month and signed up for the first two streams) because it had incompatible OS and iTunes.

But now, her sistem is demonstrably compatible and the singup worked fine x 2 and balks at the third. I'm wondering if there is a plist or other hidden file problem I should look into and was hoping for a suggestion...

P

Cannot accept a photostream invitiation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.