Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I launch Logic Express 9?

I have the new MacBookPro running OS X. I just installed Logic Express 9 from the disk and it installed fine. But when i go to launch the program it says "You can't use this version of the application "Logic Express" with this version of OS X. You have "Logic Express" 9.0.0. How can I fix this problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 6:22 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2013 4:41 AM in response to JasonRes

I have a similar problem on my new MacBook Air.
I was able to run the installer from the original DCD. When I attempted to start the program I received an error message that the program included some Power PC elements that no longer ran under OSX Mountain Lion.
THis is strange since I have Logic Express on a MacBook Pro, originally installed under Snow Leopard. After updating to Mountain Lion there was no problem starting and running Logic Express:
I contacted Apple and was told the problem would be passed on to the Logic team, but have so far heard nothing.
I know this doesn't help much, but perhaps if enough people reply we will see a pattern emerge.

Jul 11, 2013 5:28 AM in response to JasonRes

Hi

JasonRes wrote:

I have the new MacBookPro running OS X. I just installed Logic Express 9 from the disk and it installed fine. But when i go to launch the program it says "You can't use this version of the application "Logic Express" with this version of OS X. You have "Logic Express" 9.0.0. How can I fix this problem?

Make sure that the Logic Express application is inside the Applications folder (and not in any sub-folder). Make sure the application is named "Logic Express" with no numbers or spaces after the name. Then download and run the 9.1.8 updater

CCT

Why cant I launch Logic Express 9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.