Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where did the "tv out" setting go on my iPhone 3gs with iOS 6.0?

I used to be able to use my rca cable video and audio cable out to send video and things like you tube to my tv, but I tried again recently and it does not work. The "TV out" on and off setting in settings is gone now and I can not find a way to get the Iphone 3gs to recognize the video cable or send video out. I am using the newest iOS. I think it is 6.0.1 Is the setting gone and no longer possible to send the video or is there a trick that I dont know. Does anyone know of an app that will allow this? I want to send the video and audio on the phone to the tv monitor in my truck for my kids to watch. It used to work fine but now it doesnt. The only thing different is the iOS is different on the phone.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 9:01 PM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2013 8:07 PM in response to crhenkel

Same thing happened to me. Did you update to the newest version 4.3 YouTube app? It doesn't support TV out. Go to YouTube.com from your device and look at the bottom where you see a square with an arrow running through and it will open a window where you will see another YouTube app then click add to home screen and you should be back in business then trash that new version out!

where did the "tv out" setting go on my iPhone 3gs with iOS 6.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.