Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone speaker and mic problems? No one can hear me and I can't hear anyone

I am an ATT customer. When I make calls or receive calls, I cannot hear the other party and they cannot hear me. I have the 4S. They can hear me press the numbers on the number pad. I can talk to Siri, I can hear music and videos. I can record memos. I cannot communicate via iPhone or FaceTime. They can see me on FaceTime but cannot hear me. I can't hear them either. Now when I switch to speaker mode, They can hear me for about 1 second. When I take it off speaker mode, the speaker icon goes back to being dark but flashes blue once and stays off. I have tried my blue tooth device for my hands free kit. It still does not work. I have done everything from using ear plugs to restoring the phone completely. I've disabled bluetooth. Nothing works. Any help would be suggestedappreciated. The only thing I did not try was putting a pin in the small hole next to the audio jack. That worked for someone. I am going to try it but not much hope. If anyone has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 8:45 PM

1 reply

iPhone speaker and mic problems? No one can hear me and I can't hear anyone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.