Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger light stays green and computer won't start

My MacBook Pro 2010 stopped working all of a sudden..

It is plugged in the charger and the light is green but it won't charge and hence won't turn on...any solution ?

-charger light green..yet not charged or charging.

-wont turn on

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 12:00 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Probably the logic board has failed, or at least, a part. You can't start up your Mac even plugged, so discard a charger or battery issue.

The only thing you can do is to take the MacBook Pro to an Apple Store or reseller

12 replies

Mar 3, 2015 6:12 AM in response to Apples_seems_slacking

I have the same issue, MagSafe light is DIM Green (barely noticeable). Been troubleshooting with Apple Support. So far replaced battery and charger. Tried Original 60w and New 85 watt known working chargers. I have also reset the PRAM and SMC and still no luck.

However, it now powers on (can hear fan(s), CD Drive and power is indicated via the power light on the front panel). However, the MacBook Pro still will not charge the battery, no display and no caps lock light.

I have taken it to a local Apple Store yesterday, they kept it overnight to look at it so I should hear from them today. They will try to confirm the issue or fix it with some resets I am told. However, I asked what is worst case scenario since this is a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro as I don't want to spend $500+ on a logic board and labor. The guy stated that they have a flat rate repair for this for $280 (less than $300) that will include all needed parts and labor to fix this. I should have info later today and will pass along either the fix or if it will be sent in for the $280.

Considering the machine is in still like new condition I would be willing to spend $280 on it. I have other machines but this is a work horse for what I use it for.

Mar 3, 2015 11:32 AM in response to HeliRaptor

I just came back from the Apple Store. They think that the Logic Board is the issue and possibly other issues (They didn't say what).

Below is a chart of what they will charge me to fix it. This includes any defective parts, a 90 day warranty and re-imaging the machine I am told. This is far less expensive than I can do it myself for. I can't even find a logic board that is in stock for less than $449.

I will update you if this changes. I strongly encourage you to goto your local Apple Store and work with them and most of all be polite.

Item NumberDescriptionPriceAmount DueCustomer KBB
S1498LL/ALabor Charge, IB/MB/MBAIR $ 100.00$ 100.00
S1517LL/AFlat Rate Repair Charge, IB/MB/MBAIR $ 180.00$ 180.00
Total (Tax not included)$ 280.00$ 280.00

Mar 10, 2015 2:46 PM in response to HeliRaptor

Hi All, I finally got my machine back.

The good news is it is working like new again. And they did only charge $280 for entire repair. See below what they did for that price. Keep in mind this is a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro (way out of warranty).

Here is what they replaced:

• Logic Board (item 605-2355)
  • The Display (620-4943)
  • 63.5 WHr Battery (616-0524)
  • Memory 4GB Total (333-0953)
  • AirPort Card (607-6331)

Not bad for only $280. I am thinking when this died it must have had some sort of electrical charge into it. The hard drive was also bad but I had changed that out to a Samsung SSD. All seems good now, in fact writing this using the MacBook Pro. It's and older machine but worth the $280.

I highly recommend taking yours into the Apple Store and letting them have a look (assuming you still have issues). I know this thread is old now but others may have issues with their MacBook Pro and want some input.

Charger light stays green and computer won't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.