Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My pictures and Notes are not syncing between my iPhone 5 and iPad

I have never had my pictures taken with my iPhone 5 sync with my iPad 3rd generation. The TV ads really play-up that this should happen.

Also, a Note typed on my iPad does not "go"over to my iPhone 5.

PLEASE HELP

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.2, Syncing between iPhone 5 and iPad

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 9:23 AM

Make sure that both of these settings are correct.

Settings>iCloud>Photo Stream>On.

Settings>Photos And Camera>My Photo Stream>On.

Any photos that you take with the phone - After you turn on Photo Stream on both Devices - should sync to the iPad. The same would apply to photos taken with the iPad.

Settings>iCloud>Notes>On. You must setup an iCloud email account for this to work. You do not have to use the email account, but the notes will not sync unless you set up the account - or unless you have an IMAP email account that wil sync notes over the air.

Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Your email account>Notes>On.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2013 9:23 AM in response to Angela Hatfield

Make sure that both of these settings are correct.

Settings>iCloud>Photo Stream>On.

Settings>Photos And Camera>My Photo Stream>On.

Any photos that you take with the phone - After you turn on Photo Stream on both Devices - should sync to the iPad. The same would apply to photos taken with the iPad.

Settings>iCloud>Notes>On. You must setup an iCloud email account for this to work. You do not have to use the email account, but the notes will not sync unless you set up the account - or unless you have an IMAP email account that wil sync notes over the air.

Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Your email account>Notes>On.

My pictures and Notes are not syncing between my iPhone 5 and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.