Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari-slow in loading web pages and getting beach all effect quite often today, have checked Internet connection is ok

Hi, I am having problems with Safari loading web pages as I am getting beach ball effect quite often today. I have checked that the Internet connection is good, I have also removed webpages in history. Can anyone give me advice please as I am fairly new to iMacs and not young?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 7:37 AM

9 replies

Jul 9, 2013 5:46 AM in response to Pauline Edmonds

1. Reset Safari.

Click Safari in the menu bar.

From the drop down select "Reset Safari".

Uncheck the box next to " Remove saved names and passwords".

Click "Reset" button

2. Empty Caches

Safari > Preference > Advanced

Checkmark the box for "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.

Click Develop and select "Empty Caches" from the dropdown.

3. Turn off Extensions, if any temperorily.

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Try Safari again.

Jul 9, 2013 8:11 AM in response to Pauline Edmonds

Hi Everyone who responded, thank you so much, everyone helped. I would like to particularly thank Dominic because he gave me such easy to follow instructions, which I appreciated. Unlike you seasoned Mac users I am fairly new to it all and almost 70 years of age so find technology a little difficult at times.

Thanks again to each of you.

Pauline Edmonds

Safari-slow in loading web pages and getting beach all effect quite often today, have checked Internet connection is ok

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.