Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 LTE Touchscreen issues

I have a Question regarding peoples experience with Apple's new In-Cell Touchscreen on the iPhone 5 while connected to the LTE (4g) Network.

I am on my 4th iPhone 5 now.

1st iPhone 5 had a extreme light-bleed coming from the top of the display.

2nd iPhone 5 had a blurred display which did not look anything like Retina should.

3rd iPhone 5 would not respond while connected to the supplied charger. Using my old charger belonging to the iPhone 4 worked without problems. However, the Touchscreen became generally unresponsive about 2 Months later, even while not being charged. Connecting the phone to anything 3rd-Party caused the screen to go crazy. To make things worse, my carrier upgraded to LTE and now the Touchscreen starts loosing control as soon as LTE is activated.

4th iPhone 5 Still has the LTE-Touchscreen issue. Received a new Phone, charger and cable from the Apple-Store (Very good service by the way).

No problems anymore while charging and phone seems to work OK. The problem with the Touchscreen while connected to LTE persists.

Many people have this issue in different countries and there seems to be no solution so far!

I have conformation from another user, that he had this Problem while being connected to LTE on a certain carrier,

but when he used a SIM from another carrier, there was no problem with the touch-screen.

I am having the Touchscreen-Issue while connected to LTE on the ORANGE network.

However, when I use a SIM from the SWISSCOM carrier, the problem is not there. Touch-Screen is fine.

Anybody else had this experience? I would love to know what can be done or if there may be a future Update to fix this issue.

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, 16GB Black

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 12:55 AM

However, when I use a SIM from the SWISSCOM carrier, the problem is not there. Touch-Screen is fine.

Same here. Have been trying to figure out what the problem is with my colleagues at work.

Only certain people have it, and they all have the same service provider. People using a different provider have no problems with the screen. Strange!

Let me know if you find a fix.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2013 12:55 AM in response to DaMac78

Same here. Have been trying to figure out what the problem is with my colleagues at work.

Only certain people have it, and they all have the same service provider. People using a different provider have no problems with the screen. Strange!

Let me know if you find a fix.

Jul 10, 2013 1:01 PM in response to DaMac78

I am sad to report that a replacement of the sim-card did not solve the issue.

Orange was nice enough to experiment with me and gave me a new SIM-Card right there in the store.

As soon as it was activated, I tried the LTE-experiment..

Still the same. During 3G or Wireless connections there are no problems.

As soon as LTE kicks in; Touchscreen response issues and unsmooth scrolling.

I sure hope Orange or Apple can bring a software-patch for this soon.

Never had this problem with the Swisscom-Network.

As soon as the iPhone 5S is availlable, I'm getting rid of the 5.

Lets hope Apple uses a different display technology in the next model..

iPhone 5 LTE Touchscreen issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.