Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I record a video on my macBook Pro's webcam and upload it to YouTube?

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 7:35 PM

hey~rmm

you can use the facetime to do the recording work. If you don't know where this app is, you can just input "photo booth" in the search column. the "photo booth" can not only take photos but take footages and output .mov video files. now do as follow to record:

1. open it

2. click User uploaded filethe red rectangle part to switch to record mode

3. click the red icon in the middle to start recording and hit it again to stop recording.

4. remember to export like this:File->Export

Like i said, it output .mov file, the incompatible format with youtube. if you want to upload your video to it smoothly, you still need to use a video converter to help, i use one all the time and i think it's worthy to use, you can read its guide by clicking the words. Hope that help.

good luck!!!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2013 7:35 PM in response to rmm635

hey~rmm

you can use the facetime to do the recording work. If you don't know where this app is, you can just input "photo booth" in the search column. the "photo booth" can not only take photos but take footages and output .mov video files. now do as follow to record:

1. open it

2. click User uploaded filethe red rectangle part to switch to record mode

3. click the red icon in the middle to start recording and hit it again to stop recording.

4. remember to export like this:File->Export

Like i said, it output .mov file, the incompatible format with youtube. if you want to upload your video to it smoothly, you still need to use a video converter to help, i use one all the time and i think it's worthy to use, you can read its guide by clicking the words. Hope that help.

good luck!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.