Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any other way to fix my iPhone when it is not charging, aside from replacing it?

I really think, either there is something wrong with my charging port, or my battery needs to be replaced. I JUST went through this with my other iPhone 4S, and was forced to buy a new one at the Mac store, but I am in no position to be rebuying another phone. Is there a way to figure out what the problem is, or just get this fixed without getting another phone? If I am forced to get another phone, I am afraid I will be going to another brand, because this seems ridiculous to have to be buying a new phone every six months. Isn't $600 equipment supposed to last longer than this? Not to be a bear, but I am so frustrated at this point. I have seen SO many people with the exact same problem, but the only answer I am seing is getting a new phone. 😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 1:11 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2013 1:15 PM in response to mn54lv78

Take the iPhone to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs test it and the charger to see where the fault is. If the battery is bad and they do not want to change it, get the location close to you for an Apple Authorized Service Provider, aka a repair service, and see about having the battery replaced. Be sure to use an authorized repair service so you are still covered for out-of-warranty replacement if that becomes necessary.

Is there any other way to fix my iPhone when it is not charging, aside from replacing it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.