Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting Roboform to Keychain

Hello:

I assume that Keychain is a Safari feature!?

Is Keychain nowadays compatible to Roboform or ...?

If Keychain is good enough, how does one export Robobform bookmarks to Keychain format (I do not know if they differ).

As you might have figured out by now, I am preparing for the BIG TRANSFER of (in this case) my wife's computer stuff (calendar, email messages, email contacts, etc., etc.) in one fell swoop on D-day. Everything must be prepared and work!

Thanks for info. New to iMac.

Hans L

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 3:24 PM

Third party password managers can cause problems. Better to use Keychain Access (native OS X utility) located in HD > Applications > Utilties

For transfering data use Migration Assistant located in HD > Applications > Utilities

How to use Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac

Passwords can be viewed from Safari > Preferences > Passwords but they are stored as a keychain.

When you enter login information on a website using Safari, if the data has not already been saved to a keychain, you should see a dialog asking if youwatnt to save the data to a new keychain.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2013 3:24 PM in response to Hans L

Third party password managers can cause problems. Better to use Keychain Access (native OS X utility) located in HD > Applications > Utilties

For transfering data use Migration Assistant located in HD > Applications > Utilities

How to use Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac

Passwords can be viewed from Safari > Preferences > Passwords but they are stored as a keychain.

When you enter login information on a website using Safari, if the data has not already been saved to a keychain, you should see a dialog asking if youwatnt to save the data to a new keychain.

Dec 9, 2013 3:49 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I would also like to use my Roboform data in the the Safari browser in my iphone. However, I do not have a Mac, so I don't think Migration Assistant will work for me. I currently use use the Roboform data on my Windows PC (in Explorer and in Firefox). As I understand it, Roboform can only be used on the iphone through the ersatz Safari browser included in the Roboform iphone app. I would rather import my Roboform data directly into Keychain (or into Safari itself), and was wondering how to do this. Any help is appreciated.

Dec 16, 2014 2:47 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn,

I also want to utilize the OS X Key chain for my password management sytem

Currently I have been using Roboform religiously over the past 10+ years so I would like leverage what I have created I was not able to determine how ...... based on what has been presdented thus far. Is there any chance you could explain more detail un some of the steps?

I opened Migration Assistant but wasn't sure what to do next as I am not going from mac to mac,pc to mac etc?
help?

~Ira Bliss Jr.

Exporting Roboform to Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.