Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored user account through Migration Assistant from Time Machine backup. Though user (+files) move, I cannot access files or log into the restored user. When my drive was erased and reinstalled, it was given the same user account name as the back up.

I tried to restore user account through Migration Assistant from a Time Machine backup (external drive). Though user (+files) moved, I cannot access files or log into the restored user account. When my hard drive was erased and reinstalled, it was given the same user account name as the back up.

GOAL: retore my hard drive to what it was before erase and reinstall. User included.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 8, 2013 6:20 PM

There are no replies.

Restored user account through Migration Assistant from Time Machine backup. Though user (+files) move, I cannot access files or log into the restored user. When my drive was erased and reinstalled, it was given the same user account name as the back up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.