Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe flash not working sometimes

I have noticed lately over the last two days that the adobe flash plug in does not seem to be working. I double checked to see that I had the current version which I do. I uninstalled it and reinstalled as well. I noticed that when I was on ESPN's site it stated I did not have the flash player installed. But the message was in a different language. Weird. I can go to other news sites and you tube and it seems to be working fine. I just never seen this happen before. So I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this lately.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 7:53 AM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2013 8:43 AM in response to Jeff Swiger

I wanted to update on this. I uninstalled my latest version. I checked Adobe's site and there is a new version. I installed that and went to ESPN again and it still says I do not have the flash player needed to view video. When I clicked the link that appears to see the latest version it is the one I just installed. Again this is very weird. I did a scan on my computer as well to see if I got something but I do not. I have Java script turned on in Safari preferences but I have the java in the plug in section unchecked. I have been using tis set up for awhile with no issues. I noticed these issues just yesterday.

Thanks

Jul 9, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Jeff Swiger

System Preferences > Security

Select App store & identified developers

Enable Plug-ins

Safari > Preferences > Security

Web Content: > "Enable Plug-ins".

or

Internet Plug-ins > "Allow all other plug-ins

System Preferences > Other /Flash Player> Advanced > Delete All

System Preferences > Other > Flash Player > Advanced > Updates > "Check Now"

Follow the propts. Restart the computer. Relaunch Safari.

Turn off Extensions if any, and launch Safari.

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

adobe flash not working sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.