Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help my AFP file sharing is limiting users to 10!

I'm running lion server and it has been running fine for a year then suddenly it seems to have limited the amount of users that connect to the shared drive on it through AFP to just 10. Then other users get a message saying the server is refusing additional users.

I have scoured the internet looking for a reason why and haven't come up with anything!

Has anyone got any ideas as i'm stumped!

xserve, Mac OS X (10.5.2), xserve

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 11:11 AM

10 users is the limit for Mac OS X (client), not Server. It seems odd that you've been running more than 10 users in the past and it's just switched out.

I'd check the license key to make sure that hasn't got munged somehow. Beyond that.. I'm not sure... IIRC 10.5.x had an option to set a concurrent user limit - that hasn't turned on by accident, has it?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2013 11:11 AM in response to purplemonkey1

10 users is the limit for Mac OS X (client), not Server. It seems odd that you've been running more than 10 users in the past and it's just switched out.

I'd check the license key to make sure that hasn't got munged somehow. Beyond that.. I'm not sure... IIRC 10.5.x had an option to set a concurrent user limit - that hasn't turned on by accident, has it?

Please Help my AFP file sharing is limiting users to 10!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.