Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Way to allow students to connect to their infomation on the Xserve from a windows machine

My previous experience working with servers was a win2000 server. I have changed schools and they are running a 10.5.8 xserve to control the user accounts. I would like to know if there is a method to allow the students to use the Windows XP machines in our library, so if they log in to those machines they can access their accounts on the Xserve. We have an old Windows server, but the accounts have been limited since it is filled. The reason I ask, because our school is 1:1 in the HS, but in the Jr. High teachers can check out carts, and a lot of work gets done there, but if a student is in our Library and using one of the XP machines, they can't save back to their main profile. I did notice a Windows tab on the workgroup manager where it shows the profile and the path. Didn't know if this was where could be set up. Any help would be appreciated.

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 12:42 PM

There are no replies.

Way to allow students to connect to their infomation on the Xserve from a windows machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.