Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad stuck

I was just currently using my macbook pro 15" Late 2012 model, and the trackpad made a weird noise when I click it, and ever since then it feels different when I click. Everything still works with the mouse and all, it's just the click doesn't "click" like it used to. it's almost like it's stuck...

Please help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 5:44 PM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2013 11:14 PM in response to bshows99

Was the Mac exposed to dirt, dust or anything that may produce small particles?

The entire trackpad body sits on a pivot and moves up and down when clicking. Hence, there's a tiny gap between the trackpad and the topcase. There have been cases where a small particle like dirt, grain of sand, bit of nacho, cookie crumb, etc., works its way into the gap and impedes movement. Take a strong lamp and magnifying glass and inspect all around the gap. If such a culprit is found, your first is to use a compressed air "duster" to attempt blowing it out. "Work" the trackpad by clicking while blowing to enhance the expulsion.

Or... Take it to an Apple Store for diagnosis.

trackpad stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.