Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

everything gets selected when I move the mouse

We've had the Air for about 2 years. Now as you move the cursor around (say on the desktop) it keeps on selecting everything you mouse over. Then it grabs some things and all of as sudden stuff is all over the place and boom you just opened one of the documents.

I've looked at Trackpad preferences. On my old MacBook (O/S 10.7.5) there is a checkbox on the Trackpad preferences that says

"When using gestures to scroll or navigate, move content in the direction of finger movement"

This checkbox is not on the MacBook Air's Trackpad settings. How can I get it?

Any suggestions?

Bill

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 8:18 PM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2015 4:46 PM in response to BPaterson

Found the solution. I found a forum that one person suggested the battery maybe swelling pushing on the track pad from the back. I ordered a new battery on amazon and after replacing I noticed the track pad actually moves a little now(probably from having so much pressure on it for so long) but the problem is solved. my mouse now works as advertised and doesn't select everything. I thought it was an update to and spent hours trying to find a solution it's not a software issue its the hardware.

everything gets selected when I move the mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.