Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore ringtones purchased from iTunes

I had an iPhone 4 and I've bought some ringtones from iTunes store. They were working good until I got an iPhone 5. I got absolutely everything restored to it except my ringtones. I literally looked everywhere, but I couldn't find them. I bought only one ringtone this time. Now I changed my phone again and once again I lost the ringtone. I can't find it anywhere. It's not it in my purchased items in iTunes, it has just vanished. Is there any way to restore it? I just find it really unfair. I can restore all my music, but I have to buy ringtones all over again?! If that's the case I'll just not buy from iTunes again.

I've googled it, but couldn't find a working solution. One said to uncheck the ringones when you sync your iTunes. I can't even find a place to check or uncheck ringtones on the newest iTunes. I think it was maybe for some older version. And here on the discussion boards someone told that I can email apple with my order number. But they also said they'll send them to me only once. So what happens if I change my phone again? And I'm intending to do that, I'm not going to use that phone forever and I don't want to lose ringtones every time.

iPhone 5, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 11:41 PM

Do you think if I try to buy them again it'll charge me or just say I've already bought it? I'm a little concerned about this, because I don't remember exactly which version I've bought, but I'm thinking to try it. And the iCloud icon is not showing like on app store for apps I've already bought.

2 replies

How to restore ringtones purchased from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.