Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everything was working fine with ATV ie mirroring and the apple tv itself, now I no longer am able to mirror my macbook air for some reason.

Last week i was able to use every function of my ATV, however in the last couple of days, I've been unable to get my macbook air to mirror to our tv. Nothing has changed - I havent done anything different. Ive read and re-read discussions to no avail. Please help if you know how I can troubleshoot this issue.

not sure if atv or atv2 but shouldn't make a difference in working order, as I said earlier, nothing has changed so why is it no longer working?

Cheers

Urzay

Apple TV, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 4:11 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 5:07 AM in response to Dan0110

I have macbook air with osx 10.9.5. Play thru hdmi cable to TV no problem until I loaded Sling and played the first time. The next day it would not play to my big screen thru the same port and cable. My 10 year old Sony laptop will play with no problem, but not as high a rate and quality. Seems to me Apple didn't like me playing their competition? Could this be the problem?

Everything was working fine with ATV ie mirroring and the apple tv itself, now I no longer am able to mirror my macbook air for some reason.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.