Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does it costs money to call Apple support about my account?(forgot security questions)?

When creating my apple ID many many years ago, i didn't provide a rescue email and becasue of that i couldn't reset my security questions by myself and had to contact apple support, like it says on the support article: "

Note: The option to send an email to reset your security questions and answers will not be available if a rescue email address is not provided. You will need to contact iTunes Store support in order to do so. "

The person that i spoke to, told me that I have two options: 1. to pay 20$ and to continue the conversation or 2.to reset my apple ID password.Before choosing, I asked her if she's sure that reseting my password (which i didn't foreget) will help me recover my security questions because i read something else on the support article... then she got a little comfused (she didn't know what a rescue email was..) and transfered my call to someone else who helped my reset my security questions.

Wel...my question is, do you think i will have to pay for this call? i didn't say to her that i choose to pay and didn't provide any payment details

iOS 4

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 9:13 AM

If you weren't told you'd be charged and weren't asked for a credit card, then you will not be charged.

Regards.

1 reply

Does it costs money to call Apple support about my account?(forgot security questions)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.