Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xfinity Hotspot Issue

When trying to connect to Xfinity hotspot, I receive a network error message. I can get to the login screen where I enter my email address and password. I am using an Ipod Touch with 6.1.3 version software. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 8:10 AM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2013 8:25 AM in response to ry75

What is the complet wording of the error message?

Do other devices connect?

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

Q: I'm having trouble connecting or using XFINITY WiFi, what do I do?
A: There could be a number of factors affecting your connection, including but not limited to your proximity to the WiFi hotspot, signal strength being hindered by buildings, trees or other structures in your line of sight, or even the type of device that you are using.

If “xfinitywifi” is not in the list of available networks, you are probably not in an XFINITY WiFi hotspot. Check the hotspot location map:

1. Go to http://www.comcast.com/wifi
2. Click on “Find a Hotspot” near the top of the page
3. Enter Address, City, State, or Zip to find a hotspot close by

If the “xfinitywifi” network name is in the available network list and you still can't connect, check your WiFi-enabled device to see how many signal bars are present. If there are only one or two bars, you may need to move closer to the center of the signal - moving closer to the center of the hotspot will increase the quality of the connection.

If you still cannot get online and your Comcast email address or username and password are correct, it is possible that we are having a service issue. Please contact our Customer Support Center at 1-800-XFINITY and select the High Speed Internet service option.

Jul 10, 2013 8:32 AM in response to ry75

I don't have any other devices available to try. Xfinity hotspot was recently added (last couple of months) to the building where I work and this was the first time trying to connect to it. I don't have any problems connecting to the network at home using this ipod. The exact error is "We're sorry, there has been a network error". Then below that it states, "There was a problem connecting to the XFINITY WiFi Network." Under that is states if the problem persists contact a customer service rep.....

I tried the reset, but that didn't work.

Jul 10, 2013 8:39 AM in response to lllaass

I don't have any other devices available to try. Xfinity hotspot was recently added (last couple of months) to the building where I work and this was the first time trying to connect to it. I don't have any problems connecting to the network at home using this ipod. The exact error is "We're sorry, there has been a network error". Then below that it states, "There was a problem connecting to the XFINITY WiFi Network." Under that is states if the problem persists contact a customer service rep.....

I tried the reset, but that didn't work.

Xfinity Hotspot Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.