Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do some of my texts say delivered or read under them? Why do some say nothing at all?

Why do some of my texts say delivered or read under them? Why do some say nothing at all?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 8:09 AM

It is a timing issue. If texts were sent close in time to each other, like in an ongoing conversation, then the first text would be timestamped, and the others would not. The iPhone seems to need a specific period of time between the last text of a coversation and the first of the next conversation before it time stamps. Of course, if you get a text from another person, then it would react differently.

The delivered message is unique to iMessage. This just lets you know it was delivered through Apple's system. If it says Read, then the recipient has "Send Read Receipts" activated on their device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2013 8:09 AM in response to carolyn188

It is a timing issue. If texts were sent close in time to each other, like in an ongoing conversation, then the first text would be timestamped, and the others would not. The iPhone seems to need a specific period of time between the last text of a coversation and the first of the next conversation before it time stamps. Of course, if you get a text from another person, then it would react differently.

The delivered message is unique to iMessage. This just lets you know it was delivered through Apple's system. If it says Read, then the recipient has "Send Read Receipts" activated on their device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.