Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod is not recognized in either Finder or iTunes (Macbook)

Hello,

So my problem is this: When I connect my 160GB Ipod Classic to my computer (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5) via USB (any of the USB ports), it is neither recognized in Finder or in Itunes. However, the ipod will say "do not diconnect" or "connecting" like it should.

I have had, used, and synced this ipod multiples times before and with this computer. iTunes and ipods are nothing new to me; I have been doing this for at least 6 or 7 seven years now, and know my way around most problems with iTunes and iPods as this is probably my fifth ipod and third computer using with itunes.

I have already looked through multiple forums (incl. this one) about this problem and have tried everything possible, including apple's support pages for trouble shooting this problem, ipod classics in general, and every other page I could find related to this.

I have restarted both ipod and computer, got latest version of itunes (11.0.4), updated software updates, restore ipod, check that both are charged, and even put my ipod into disk mode.

It stills shows the same thing when I plug it in: ipod says "do not disconnect" put cannot find it in devices on itunes or finder or anywhere else in computer.

I am currently doing an internship in germany so I cannot simply make an appointment with the Apple Store or something.

Can someone please help me with how I can fix this problem???

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 10:03 AM

There are no replies.

Ipod is not recognized in either Finder or iTunes (Macbook)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.