Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4th Gen Does Not Sync

Basically had an black iPod 4th generation for 2 years this christmas. It worked perfectly til September last year and the suddenly out of no where it seemed to stop syncing. I click the sync button and it seems to either do nothing and the sync button becomes unable to click again or it starts to sync and then just stops. My iPod is also does not back up, or sync ANYTHING. Im finding this really stressful as i can't use my iPod to the full ability. Ive done updates with my iPod and my iTunes, everything is up to date and i have also tried many other iPods which worked fine with my iTunes, i did this to make sure it was my iPod which was the problem. Some one please help my dodgy iPod!!!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 10:43 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2013 10:48 AM in response to littlemisssmith

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 4th Gen Does Not Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.