Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping Mail and Safari separate from Apps and rest of Mac

Hi

I have been using Little Snitch for a while now and until then I did not realise the number of computers and servers trying to or connecting with my Mac.

In view of recent news re Prism, Google holding immense amounts of our data, hideous amounts of cookies on my mac (200 cleared while only using my mac for an hour) - i am now thinking of either a separate user account for mail and safari only or even set up a dual boo driver.

I am wondering if this is OTT but want o keep mac as secure as possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Matt

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 10:37 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2013 10:41 AM in response to AppleMacCider

Respecting to Safari, you can block cookies if you want to. Open Safari, go to Safari menu (on the menu bar) > Preferences > Privacy, and choose "Always" next to "Block cookies". In this menu, you can also remove cookies.

Respecting to Mail, it doesn't mind if you have it in one or a different user: it will be the same, so I don't think that another account will give you a bigger security

Keeping Mail and Safari separate from Apps and rest of Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.