Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Download Page to update dated iCal after upgrade to 10.6.8 from 10.5.8. Current version of iCal is on with 10.6.8 and would like to determine on my own if it is the latest version. Searching for iCal Downloads is beyond any useful outcome.

Trying to find URL for iCal version downloads.

Need to verify correct version of iCal for recent upgrade to OS 10.6.8.

Current version of iCal is 4.0.4.

Would prefer web address for downloads and not just a: "You've got the right version" "You need to download to" type of response to thread entry.

Reason: iCal is spazing and duplicating current entrys on iPhone 4S iOS 6.3, and Quadrupeling and more current entrys as well as notifying me of calendar events that occurred seven years ago (random years) on my laptop running OS 10.6.8.

Thinking that an update to iCal might be cure to refresh iCloud web address syncing and correct crazy notifications and doubling and tripling.. of iCal entrys.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 1:52 PM

I just discovered helpful info, sadly unavailable without making a post to discover coherent options of/and or solutions to my dilemma.

Evidently, there is no downloadable version of iCal anywhere? Would it hurt to put that in the Search Engine Discovery Algorithm? Just a thought.

I'm guessing it's in some mystery package on the Boot DVD/CD of OS 10.6.8 that fails to be mentioned or identified as possible from the instal selections of choice when upgrading.

Is everyone at Apple on auto-pilot these days and forgotten what representing the Mac Heritage means??

Apple, Wow! User friendliness used to be the mantra of the Mac World, not so much these days.

Disappointed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2013 1:52 PM in response to Unkle Rayne

I just discovered helpful info, sadly unavailable without making a post to discover coherent options of/and or solutions to my dilemma.

Evidently, there is no downloadable version of iCal anywhere? Would it hurt to put that in the Search Engine Discovery Algorithm? Just a thought.

I'm guessing it's in some mystery package on the Boot DVD/CD of OS 10.6.8 that fails to be mentioned or identified as possible from the instal selections of choice when upgrading.

Is everyone at Apple on auto-pilot these days and forgotten what representing the Mac Heritage means??

Apple, Wow! User friendliness used to be the mantra of the Mac World, not so much these days.

Disappointed.

Jul 10, 2013 2:12 PM in response to Unkle Rayne

4.0.4 is the version of iCal for 10.6.8. You could try downloading and applying the combo updater for 10.6.8 -

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

However Snow Leopard is not compatible with iCloud, so if you are somehow managing to make iCal sync with it it's a fudge and likely not to be reliable. Also, if you are syncing with iCloud you must avoid also trying to sync using iTunes - mixing two syncing methods is a quick way to problems.

If your Mac is capable of upgrading to Lion or Mountain LIon that would give you proper access to iCloud and a higher version of iCal.

The requirements for Lion are:

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • 2GB of memory
  • OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
  • 7GB of available space

To purchase it you will have to ring Apple at the number given at the bottom left of this page.

The requirements for Mountain Lion are listed here:

http://www.apple.com/osx/specs/

It is available from the Mac App Store (in Applications). (If you are currently pre-Snow Leopard you will have to upgrade to that to access the Mac App Store: it's available in the online Apple Store.)

You should be aware that PPC programs (such as AppleWorks) will not run on Lion or above; and some other applications may not be compatible - there is a useful compatibility checklist at http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Need Download Page to update dated iCal after upgrade to 10.6.8 from 10.5.8. Current version of iCal is on with 10.6.8 and would like to determine on my own if it is the latest version. Searching for iCal Downloads is beyond any useful outcome.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.