Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device renaming?

I have two iMacs (one at home, the other in the office), an iPhone and a new iPad mini.

It is confusing to see the identical names of my two iMacs when I search on FIND MY iPHONE.

Is there any way to rename any or all of the devices to something that makes more sense?

Thanks in advance.

Robb

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, 21.5 Inch, Mid 2011

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 1:19 PM

Of course. What you see in Find my iPhone is the Mac's name. You can change the Mac's name in System Preferences > Sharing, so the name of your Mac will change.

If you want to change the name of your iPad or iPhone, open Settings > General > About, where you will be able to change their name

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2013 1:19 PM in response to NN2RL

Of course. What you see in Find my iPhone is the Mac's name. You can change the Mac's name in System Preferences > Sharing, so the name of your Mac will change.

If you want to change the name of your iPad or iPhone, open Settings > General > About, where you will be able to change their name

Device renaming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.