Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Precision editor issues - handles/markers not moving to end of clip

Hi all,

I have students producing videos on iMovie for iPad. They are laying a video clip, say of someone typing, over audio of that same person talking. As they do this, the audio and video for both clips remains intact. We have been using the precision editor to push the ends to match, allowing for a seamless move into the next clip. However, out of the blue, two students found they are unable to drag the handle/marker on the right side of the clip with the selected audio to the very end. The result is a short .04 second flash of the video attached to that audio, which in both cases is of lesser quality and detracts from the quality of the project. We tried extended clips, thinking maybe the clip with the video was short. That failed. They deleted it, made edits and re-inserted it. That failed. It is happening in mutiple shots on the timeline, too, and involves video and stills. Any chance anyone has run into this issue?

Thanks in advance!!!

Nicole

iMovie (iOS)

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 2:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2013 3:24 PM in response to nivargas

In case anyone else comes up with this issue, we may have found them answer on our own.

The student wanted to use only the audio, overlaying video over the entire clip. Apparently, in iMovie for iPad, this is frowned upon. I had the student export the clip with the audio, and in iMovie for the desktop, I re-exported just the audio only back to her. Problem solved.

Precision editor issues - handles/markers not moving to end of clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.