Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a new calendar to Calendar

I have used iCal for years, I recently upgraded from 10.6 to 10.8 and now I can't seem to add a calendar to my Calendar without going to iCloud. Right now I don't want to spend the time learning how to integrate existing calendars into iCloud. Please help

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Time Machine

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 4:55 PM

9 replies

Jul 10, 2013 5:41 PM in response to Kappy

Following your instructions, as soon as I unchecked "Enable this account" all events from all my calendars vanished, except for "Birthdays" something I never entered in the first place. And when I clicked on "Edit Account" what showed up was a list of Accounts such as iCloud, Gmail. Twitter, Facebook, etc not the list you show.

Fortunately as soon as I checked "Enable this account" all events from all my calendars returned.

Any other suggestions?

Jul 10, 2013 5:50 PM in response to Patrick A. O'Flynn

I thought you wanted your Calendar to be independent of iCloud. Just create a new calendar using the Calendar button.

If you want what you had back, then turn everything back on and spend time learning to use iCloud and Calendar. You don't need to integrate anything.

To simply start a new calendar without modifying settings just select New Calendar from Calendar's File menu.

Jul 10, 2013 6:20 PM in response to Kappy

When I select "New Calendar " from the File menu "ICloud" appears next to it ans unless I move my cursor over "iCloud" selecting it nothing happens. When I do select it an untitled item appears in the list of my calendars under the Heading iCloud. And if I attempt to change some event that had been shown (color coded) to be on another calender it disappears unless I revert to the old selection. This does not occur with/between any of my previously (previous to my upgrade to 10.8) established calendars.

Yes I do want my Calendar and all particular calendars to be independant of iCloud.

Is there any way to get my old iCal or a reasonable aproximation of it?

Jul 12, 2013 11:42 AM in response to Csound1

If I Sign Out all my Calendar data is erased. It's restored by Sign In, so, this does not help me.

I can switch events to different calendars, if those calendars were established before I upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.8. But when I attempt to switch an event from an old calendar to a calendar established aftger the upgrade I get a refusal stating that tthis is not allowed. anyway around this?

Jul 12, 2013 1:06 PM in response to Patrick A. O'Flynn

Patrick A. O\'Flynn wrote:

If I Sign Out all my Calendar data is erased. It's restored by Sign In, so, this does not help me.

Archive before you sign out, put it back after you sign out,

I can switch events to different calendars, if those calendars were established before I upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.8. But when I attempt to switch an event from an old calendar to a calendar established aftger the upgrade I get a refusal stating that tthis is not allowed. anyway around this?

Sign out.

Do you not choose to backup?

How to add a new calendar to Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.