Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete 'blocked' files?

On the NAS (Drobo N5) of my own computer there are some files I have to but cannot delete.

I copied them myself to the external NAS drive and other files I copied can be deleted, just some not. I get the nessage that i am not allowed to eccess or delete them.

Strange ...

How can I delete them anyway? Is there a speciual app to delete 'blocked' files?

I do have Admin rights for my own computer (of course)

Thanks for a suggestion that might help me.

iMac, Macbook Air, iPad, iPhone, PC

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 3:18 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2013 3:39 AM in response to nbar

Thanks nbar!

But isn't there a simpler and less dangerous way? Some app that I can have the little problem solve for me.

I think having root priviliges (it's my computer!) but as just an innocent user with very little 'inside knowledge' I'd prefer not to go deep into the sysrtem with commands I cannot oversee as a layman.

Thanks for an 'idiot proof sollution'

By the way: the file I want to get rid of in 263 Gb and gray (I cannot even open it).

Rgrads

Johan Hahn

Jul 11, 2013 3:54 AM in response to JohGHahn01

Select the file and press COMMAND + I. This will show you 'more information'. Make sure the box "locked" is not checked. In the bottom right hand corner you will see a little lock. Click it and enter your password. Change the permissions to Read/Write for you. Delete other users from this menu, including system. Then, try and delete the file.

No worries, I am sure there is a simpler and less dangerous way...you are not an idiot. 😎

How can I delete 'blocked' files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.