Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction"

purchase fail cause I used to pay by iTunes gift card, so I chose none from credit card topic. Credit card is danger, I don't like to pay with that method. Can iTunes gift card can't pay in-app ? Thank you very much

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 6:56 AM

Some, most or possibly all in-app purchases require payment by something other than an App Store gift card.

9 replies

Jul 11, 2013 7:01 AM in response to balltaladsod

Yes you can use a gift card to make in app purchases, but there must be some problem with the purchase or some problem that was created when you removed the credit card. The point is, now you will have to contact iTunes Store Support to get it all straightened out.

Click on Purchases, billing and redemption here and email support.

https://expresslane.apple.com/Issues.action

Jul 11, 2013 7:07 AM in response to Dirty Vegas

Dirty Vegas wrote:

Some, most or possibly all in-app purchases require payment by something other than an App Store gift card.

In-App purchases are processed through your itunes account. The payment method, assuming it is valid and authnticated, is irelevent. App Store or itunes gift cards work just fine with them. The only exception would be renewing subscription services purchased outside of the app.

Jul 11, 2013 7:32 AM in response to Dirty Vegas

Dirty Vegas wrote:

I stand corrected, my apologies.

The following response is based on an assumption, but could there possibly be an issue with international trade and currency? The iTunes gift card needs to be purchased in the same country (using the same currency) where the iTunes address is registered.

In that event, itunes would reject the card when the user attempts to redeem it.

"Please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.