Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exported Aperture JPGs not working on Windows machine

Hey Guys,

I have a FAT32 formatted flash drive (sandisk, pretty standard) to which I've been exporting JPGs from Aperture. Pretty standard export settings, I've even tried it with versions and originals. I export them to the drive, plug the drive into a Windows 7 machine that I'm trying to transfer to, and it will not read the file. The file is THERE, it just shows a generic JPG preview and when double clicking on it will not open. The Windows OS seems to have added characters to the export as well, i.e. a space and a comma before the name.

This happens whether it's a hard drive or flash drive, but not over email. I can email a file directly and it works just fine, it's only when putting it onto disk that the problems arise.

I would use email, but I need to send thousands of photos.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 9:15 AM

Not sure, but a test we need to run is to Export to a folder, say on your Desktop, and then away from Aperture drag the folder or image file to this same flash drive. Then check the result on the Windows box.

Ernie

4 replies

Exported Aperture JPGs not working on Windows machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.