Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is next after iWeb?

Iweb is over, Apple says and Apple do. Sort like final cut pro they just do. Now, what is out there or what is next for us the apple Iweb costumer? Where we go cause Apple did not do plan B for us. Now what?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), HELP!

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 12:13 PM

20 replies

Jul 12, 2013 9:55 AM in response to Old Toad

I lost my 2 year computer and I had Iweb on that Imac. Apple did replace the computer "Thanks APPLE" but I lost iweb. I knew it was going down out of service. Similar thing with final cut pro out and left us with final cut 10. Not so exiting or profectional like final cut pro. I was hoping as long as I had that computer I will have iweb. now I have to find something else. I still a fan of Apple. Always! Thanks.

Jul 24, 2013 3:57 PM in response to Wyodor

I have the same question as Dalmatian Hero, and this is the info I've gleaned so far:

-Apple has no plans for software to replace iWeb.

-The current alternatives for Mac users who don't have the sort of mad skillz needed to write code or use Dreamweaver are (a) Sandvox, (b) Freeway, and (c) Rapidweaver, none of which are as good or easy to use as iWeb and which unlike iWeb cost $.

-Last February Rage Software did a big presentation at a big convention announcing a product called Easyweb that's supposed to be an iWeb replacement, and that's pretty much the last anybody's heard of it

If it makes you feel any better, there doesn't seem to be any good wysiwyg editors out there for Windows 8, either. Nothing works with Windows 8.

Jul 24, 2013 4:14 PM in response to focidini

-The current alternatives for Mac users who don't have the sort of mad skillz needed to write code or use Dreamweaver are (a) Sandvox, (b) Freeway, and (c) Rapidweaver, none of which are as good or easy to use as iWeb and which unlike iWeb cost $.

No, not necessarily. Take a look at Flux. It can be demoed for about 30 days. View their video tutorials before starting.

Jul 24, 2013 5:49 PM in response to Old Toad

There's another iWeb-like program for $29.95 called Drag'nDrop Site builder which seems to have a lot of features. http://draganddropsitebuilder.com/.

I had a student finish the business startup class and within two weeks she'd found this program, downloaded the trial, built her 3-page site and had it up and running. So I'm sure it's easy to use, like iWeb.

Jul 25, 2013 4:39 AM in response to Dalmatian Hero

Thanks!

One concern I do have with iWeb is its SEO issues. I've been using Rage's iWeb SEO Tool and it seems to help a little, but whenever I check my site using SEO analytical tools I get messages about missing title tags that I can't seem to correct with either iWeb or iWeb SEO. Do you happen to know whether any of the software mentioned here is better at SEO than iWeb, or is this as good as it gets for a Mac user?

Jul 25, 2013 11:12 AM in response to focidini

The iWeb SEO Tool has a tab for entering the page title named "Title Tag"...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/Search-Engine-Optimization/Tags.html

Rage software are developing an iWeb replacement app - EasyWeb - which is in beta at the moment.

The page inspector of this app has facilities for entering the title tag and the description. Also, the page file name can be made different to the page display name in the self generating drop down menu. This also helps with SEO.

You can sign up to be notified about the release date here...

http://www.iwebreplacementapp.com

Jul 26, 2013 1:33 PM in response to focidini

focidini wrote:

-Last February Rage Software did a big presentation at a big convention announcing a product called Easyweb that's supposed to be an iWeb replacement, and that's pretty much the last anybody's heard of it

What are you talking about? It's being discussed pretty much daily on the facebook page and a new beta test copy is coming out pretty much once a week.

Some familiar faces from this forum are actively using easyweb.

What is next after iWeb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.