Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Space bar missing when I try to search Safari

I am missing my space bar in both my iPad and iPhone when I try to do a search in safari. This doesn't happen if I am using my google app. Only in safari?

Anyone know why or how I can fix this?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 11:58 AM

If you are typing in the address (aka URL) field in Safari, then you will not see a space bar. URLs cannot contain spaces. If you tap on the search field you should see a space bar on the keyboard. Unlike Computer browsers (and some alternate iOS browsers) you cannot do a seach from the address field in Safari for iOS.

If your tag is correct and you are still running iOS 5, you might want to consider updating.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Karinwinnipeg

If you are typing in the address (aka URL) field in Safari, then you will not see a space bar. URLs cannot contain spaces. If you tap on the search field you should see a space bar on the keyboard. Unlike Computer browsers (and some alternate iOS browsers) you cannot do a seach from the address field in Safari for iOS.

If your tag is correct and you are still running iOS 5, you might want to consider updating.

Space bar missing when I try to search Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.