Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped frames when playing section in the timeline w/audio, Viewer plays fine. Plays for 1 sec, no sound, nothing on audio meters. Problem out the blue, made no conscious changes. FCP 7.0.3. iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. OS10.8.4. Thanx.

New to FCP. Dropped frames when playing section in the timeline w/audio, Viewer plays fine tho. Plays for bout 1 sec with no sound, nothing showing coming through the audio meters. Problem came out the blue, made no conscious changes to settings. FCP 7.0.3. iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. OS10.8.4. If any other info needed please let me know, will be happy to provide it. Thanx.

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 1:14 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2013 4:42 PM in response to UhuraFCP

Click on a source clip in the FCP browser and type Command + 9 to see the item properties for the source clip. Either report those properties here or take a screen shot and post the screen shot of the item properties here.

Next, click anywhere on your timeline, and type Command + 0 {zero} to see your sequence settings. Either report those sequence settings here or take a scree shot and post the screen shot of the sequence settings here.

The purpose of this is to confirm FCP friendly source material/correct sequence settings.

Have yout tried trashing your FCP Preferences?

Is the DV source material the only material in the timeline?

MtD

Jul 12, 2013 9:33 AM in response to Meg The Dog

Thank you for the help. Below is my Source footage and sequence settings.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

The other footage I have on the timeline is an mp3 file made in Garage Band and some footage I sent to Motion to edit. I do have some offline media on there since I switched computers but FCP had been working fine for a few months with it on there. I have not tried trashing my FCP Preferences. If I did would I have to back up my project?

Dropped frames when playing section in the timeline w/audio, Viewer plays fine. Plays for 1 sec, no sound, nothing on audio meters. Problem out the blue, made no conscious changes. FCP 7.0.3. iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. OS10.8.4. Thanx.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.