Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing-up my Mac for the first time on my time machine.

Hey there,

I am trying to back-up my mac for the first time on my time machine. I did set it up and everything seemed to be ok. I ran the first back-up over night and the status bar keep running saying "making back-up dissk available". This morning when I looked it said that the back-up failed. What am I doing wrong?

Time Machine-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 5:38 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2013 5:48 PM in response to JPVR

Since you haven't told us what you did, it would be hard to tell you what you did wrong, if anything. You didn't even tell us what version of OS X you are using nor what model of computer.

I would start by opening Airport Utility. Select your Time Capsule and enter the configuration mode. Click on the Disks icon in the toolbar. Select Airport Utility Help from the Help menu. Search for "erase." Follow instructions on how to reformat the drive correctly. Also, see How to verify or erase a Time Capsule disk and Backing up with AirPort Time Capsule for the first time.

Backing-up my Mac for the first time on my time machine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.