Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac wifi not working, not the network

I have a late 2009 Imac and the internet was working great on it and everything seemed good, then all of a sudden It stopped working.

It shows that the computer is connected with full signal and I even ran the diagnostic's on the network and it stays red on the ISP dieod and flickers green once in awhile, after reseting and unplugging the router a few times reseting the modem and and also reseting the PRAM I have had no luck

I managed to get google to pop up for a second and then nothing and I really mean only a second

I ran a Clamscan on it and it found 2 bad files that sad they were trojans and I removed them.

I opened up safari and the screen on stays white and there seems to be a skinny grey line that goes up the center of the page vertically, it stays only for a seconed and then disapears.

I have my iphone and 2012 Macbook pro retina hooked up to the wifi and it's fine on all other devices.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for helping me out on this 🙂

Help me please Im out of Ideas

It's very appreciated.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 8:24 PM

9 replies

Jul 11, 2013 9:08 PM in response to ccoo84

I even ran the diagnostic's on the network and it stays red on the ISP dieod

Have you contacted your ISP?

=========================

Try the basics first:

Change your router channel number. Most times this works & is all you have to do.

Disconnect & reconnect your modem. unplug it for about 10 seconds. Plug it back in. Do the same for Apple’s routers. Wait for everything to reboot.

System Preferences>Network

Click the Assist Me button.

In the next window that pops up, click the Diagnostic button & do the necessary.

Research Knowledge Base for network problems that pertain to the OS that is currently installed on your computer. See these basic networking KB Articles: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1401 AirPort troubleshooting guide

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712 Using network locations in Mac OS X

Manually provided DNS server addresses are higher priority than DHCP's

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1714 Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, and troubleshooting

============================

What to do when you can't connect to the Internet

Also, run the Airport Utility app which is located inside the Utilities folder.

=====================

If using a Linksys router, contact LinkSys Customer Support and/or post in their forums.

If using Apple's Airport, please re-post over in one of the AirPort Forums.

User uploaded file

Jul 11, 2013 10:09 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

I have changed the channel on the modom and I called Time warner and the technision changed the Ipp address and googled fired up clean and the I even tried cnn and it worked great but I noticed it was allot slower.

Then I got off the phone with him and the problem reverted right back to the way it was to begin with.

I can't open up any pages and it shows it's connected but the progress bar at the top where it shows it loading stays in the blue and dosn't do anything and no websites come up,

I did a Ping test and the test is showing 80% data loss before I called the tec and he changed it and then all of a sudden it dosnt connect at all.

Feb 14, 2014 12:51 PM in response to B_Bsmnt

You posted in an inactive thread. It's generally better to start your own Topic, rather than adding onto an existing one. After you have tried ALL of the suggestions in this thread w/no luck.....

Please start a new topic about your issue so it can receive more focused attention.

Please detail ALL you have done so far in the way of troubleshooting? Need this info to avoid the been there done that scenarios.

Also, please complete your system profile.

User uploaded file

imac wifi not working, not the network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.