7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 5:31 PM by gail from maine
RDSChicago Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I took some photos while on the road and used the Camera connection to upload them to my iPad 3. When I sync the iPad with my iMac, the photos won't upload to Aperture. I am certain there is a simple explanation and easy fix, but I haven't figured it out yet. Thanks for any suggestions.

Aperture 3
  • gail from maine Level 6 Level 6 (18,655 points)

Hi RDSChicago,

To sync your photos to iPhoto or Aperture, you need to connect the camera you took the photos with to the Mac and import them, or save the photos on the iPad to your Camera Roll. 

You cannot import photos that were not taken with the iPad camera to Aperture unless you save those photos to the iPad's Camera Roll.

Cheers,

GB

• RDSChicago Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you but please indulge me with one more question. The photos saved on to my iPad from the SD card are in an "event." How do I save these photos to the camera roll. I saw I could copy them but didn't see any option to save to camera roll. Thanks, Gail.

RDS

Hi RDS,

It has been a long time since I used the Camera Connection tool, so not sure, but I would think that if your photos are showing on the Event tab, that it means that the Event was created in Aperture. Can you check your Events in Aperture to see if the Event on your iPad is showing in Aperture?

Cheers,

GB

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,560 points)

I took some photos while on the road and used the Camera connection to upload them to my iPad 3. When I sync the iPad with my iMac, the photos won't upload to Aperture. I am certain there is a simple explanation and easy fix, but I haven't figured it out yet. Thanks for any suggestions.

After using the Camera Connection Kit and importing the photos to your iPad, you now should be seeing them in an event on the iPad.

When you connect the iPad with an USB cable to your mac and open Aperture, you should see the photos in the Camera Roll and the photos in the events in Aperture's Import panel, to be ready to be imported to Aperture - tested with Aperture 3.4.5 and iPad 3.

• With the "Photos.app" on the iPad you could also select the photos in the event and use "Share" to share them to your Photo Stream. But saving to the Camera Roll is not possible.
    • With the "iPhotos.app" on the iPad you have additional sharing options. You can save the photos to the Camera Roll or to iTunes. Both would be helpful, if you already have edited the photos and want to import the edited versions.

IMG_0368.jpg

See this support article:  http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3148 , the paragraph "Import photos to iPhoto or Aperture on your computer" at the end of the document.

-- Léonie

Thanks leonie!

I'm glad you were able to provide RDS with some good info about what happens with the Camera Connection process. I've not used mine for several years, so just wasn't familiar with that part of it....appreciate the info! (Great info to have!)

Cheers,

GB

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,560 points)

No problem Gail! It was a good occasion to take out the camera connection kit again and to see what happens.

Cheers

Léonie

GB