Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos uploaded to ipad won't sync to Aperture

I took some photos while on the road and used the Camera connection to upload them to my iPad 3. When I sync the iPad with my iMac, the photos won't upload to Aperture. I am certain there is a simple explanation and easy fix, but I haven't figured it out yet. Thanks for any suggestions.

Aperture 3

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 8:13 PM

Hi RDSChicago,

To sync your photos to iPhoto or Aperture, you need to connect the camera you took the photos with to the Mac and import them, or save the photos on the iPad to your Camera Roll.

You cannot import photos that were not taken with the iPad camera to Aperture unless you save those photos to the iPad's Camera Roll.

Cheers,

GB

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2013 8:13 PM in response to RDSChicago

Hi RDSChicago,

To sync your photos to iPhoto or Aperture, you need to connect the camera you took the photos with to the Mac and import them, or save the photos on the iPad to your Camera Roll.

You cannot import photos that were not taken with the iPad camera to Aperture unless you save those photos to the iPad's Camera Roll.

Cheers,

GB

Jul 11, 2013 10:20 PM in response to RDSChicago

I took some photos while on the road and used the Camera connection to upload them to my iPad 3. When I sync the iPad with my iMac, the photos won't upload to Aperture. I am certain there is a simple explanation and easy fix, but I haven't figured it out yet. Thanks for any suggestions.

After using the Camera Connection Kit and importing the photos to your iPad, you now should be seeing them in an event on the iPad.

When you connect the iPad with an USB cable to your mac and open Aperture, you should see the photos in the Camera Roll and the photos in the events in Aperture's Import panel, to be ready to be imported to Aperture - tested with Aperture 3.4.5 and iPad 3.

• With the "Photos.app" on the iPad you could also select the photos in the event and use "Share" to share them to your Photo Stream. But saving to the Camera Roll is not possible.
  • With the "iPhotos.app" on the iPad you have additional sharing options. You can save the photos to the Camera Roll or to iTunes. Both would be helpful, if you already have edited the photos and want to import the edited versions.

User uploaded file

See this support article: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3148 , the paragraph "Import photos to iPhoto or Aperture on your computer" at the end of the document.

-- Léonie

Photos uploaded to ipad won't sync to Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.