Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JVC GR DVL 150 not being found by Mac

In spite of the great and clear instructions from EZ Jim my Mac is still not finding the JVC camera

Anyone else any ideas please.

I have already repaired permissions, downloaded and applied the latest Combo update for OS X

I am using the correct firewire cable

The Camera has been switched on to Play/VCR mode

Would be very grateful for any other advice that might help to resolve this connection issue

Many thnaks

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 10:07 PM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2013 11:06 AM in response to happyactor

If you decide not to go camcorder shopping at this time, here are the next couple of thoughts for your consideration:

happyactor wrote:... I am using the correct firewire cable....

Assuming that your camera has previously worked with at least one of your Macs via Firewire, try a different cable or adapter combination. A faulty connection or connector can cause this. I always keep a couple extra cables and more than one extra 400-800 adapter for this kind of testing.

Also, sometimes it may help to hook everything up and launch iMovie BEFORE turning your camcorder on.

Other ideas that may help you: iMovie '08 or later: Cannot see or control camera

happyactor wrote: ...The Camera has been switched on to Play/VCR mode...

Do you have the camera plugged in to wall power? Some cameras won't download to computers when they are on battery power.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.4

JVC GR DVL 150 not being found by Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.