Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Installing iTunes for Windows 7

I get the message "Service 'Apple Mobile Device' failed to start when trying to instal. 'Verify you have sufficient priviledges to stsrt system.

Options given are Abort, Retry or Ignore.

Both Retry or Ignore give error message 'iTunes was not installed correctly. Error 7 (Windows error 14001).

iTunes will not open.

Please help !

windows laptop-OTHER

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 10:26 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Paul_Kelly

Hello Paul,

Sorry to hear that iTunes is not installing on your computer. I found a couple of articles I think may help with the error messages you are seeing.

I recommend starting with these steps:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and AMDS

If the issue continues after restarting AMDS, then you'll need to remove and reinstall AMDS and iTunes.

1. Completely uninstall AMDS, iTunes, and all Apple software. Click the appropriate links below for steps:
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Download and install (or reinstall) the latest version of iTunes from www.apple.com/itunes. Installing iTunes will also install AMDS.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Start iTunes and connect the device. It should be recognized properly in Windows.

You can find the full article here:

How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1567

If you are still getting "Error 7" when trying to do this, I recommend following the steps in this article:

iTunes for Windows: "Error 7" message when opening iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3074

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Problem Installing iTunes for Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.