Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Transfer Windows Live .eml files to .pst mails to Outlook in MacBook Pro

I had been using a Vaio with Vista environemnt. My email software there was Windows Live Mail.

While changing to the MacBook Pro, I took a back up of all the folders and stored with on my MacBook Pro.

All the files here are .eml files.

On purchasing hte MacBook Pro, i also took Microsoft Outlook for Mac and have been using that for emailing.

But I cant transfer the .eml files to Outlook as it says I need a .pst file.

Have not been able to find a reliable (preferably free!) convertor.

Any help on changing the .eml files to .pst files on the Mac would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nitin.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2017 1:53 AM

EML file to PST is the most appropriate conversion application to scanning of entire EML files, and converts them instantly. Move emails from Windows Mail into MS Outlook With the help of EML to PST Converter, the users can easily convert EML file to PST file format without any data loss.

20 replies

Jan 12, 2018 10:35 PM in response to Nitin Mac

Dear Nitin,

How did you get around the problem? I am starting to use a MacBook Air and I tried using all the methods in the reply here but I am not able to get round the problem. I am on Windows Live Mail and trying to move my sent mails there to my new MacBook Air Outlook but it either

- requires me to set up Outlook on my current laptop or setting windows live mail in my new Mac

- the method apple support suggested have to move each individual sent email as attachment thus unable to move in batches and original sender no longer shows

- i also noticed there is no function to move contacts from windows Live Mail to Address book in Outlook

I tried the trial versions suggested here but none worked so I am not sure which to use.

Seem like this is still an issue since 2013.

Appreciate your assistance.

Geeti

Jan 15, 2018 11:13 PM in response to mackjohn

Thank you for your help.

I just tried Gladwev and bought the Mail Passport Lite, it worked but unfortunately on Outlook, in the view pane only allows to show 1 criteria. So I am not able to see the person I sent to without affecting the sent date.

As for contacts, I had to enter manually. Outlook contact list can only see name and email but no contact number field for input.

This was the only 1 that worked on trial for me and Chat support online is friendly and effective.

For interest, the below was recommended to be installed in MS Windows to convert EML to PST files first, then move to MAC to be imported into Outlook.

http://www.mailpassportlite.com/download-now/

http://www.mailpassportpro.com/download-now/

BR,

Geeti

Oct 17, 2015 2:23 AM in response to Nitin Mac

ELMto PST Converter is a professional utility to safely and completely convert Windows Live Mail mailboxes to separate Outlook PST files.It converts both EML/EMLX files to Outlook PST format. It converts only emails besides the all mailbox data items such as file, folder, attachment, notes, calendar etc.

Read more:- http://www.pcrecoveryutility.com/eml-to-pst-converter.html

How to Transfer Windows Live .eml files to .pst mails to Outlook in MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.