Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone jumps all around?

Since we have several iOS devices and want to make sure we can find them should they get "misplaced", and also it's nice to be able for us to follow each other on long road trips to make sure we aren't stuck on a road somewhere in trouble.

But on our phones (iPads only wifi), even when device is inside house sitting in one spot, it will show it at the neighbors, behind trees by the road, in the driveway, etc. why does it jump around like that? If it were missing, I sure wouldn't want to have it show at one of my neighbors house, when it was maybe under a couch cushion etc...

You'd think that 4s's would be highly accurate especially when connected to Internet. Sometimes, it's even showed the phone in the middle of a field 1/2 mi from house (there is a cell tower there)??

I'm confident it could be remotely locked, but as far as watching out for each other, it seems to be worthless.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 8:15 AM

This can occur when your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac is still determining a more accurate location or is unable to provide a more accurate location. Wait a few minutes and refresh the map to try again.

To center the device on the map, or to zoom in or out, use the map navigation controls in the upper-left corner (if the My Devices list is open and hiding the controls, click outside the list to close it). You can also drag the map to move it around.

To check for an updated or more specific location, click the green dot on the map (so the device info appears), then click the Refresh button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2013 8:15 AM in response to Christof60

This can occur when your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac is still determining a more accurate location or is unable to provide a more accurate location. Wait a few minutes and refresh the map to try again.

To center the device on the map, or to zoom in or out, use the map navigation controls in the upper-left corner (if the My Devices list is open and hiding the controls, click outside the list to close it). You can also drag the map to move it around.

To check for an updated or more specific location, click the green dot on the map (so the device info appears), then click the Refresh button.

Find my iPhone jumps all around?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.