Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages - no user is allowed to login after server reboot

Hello all together,

I had to reboot a XServe with Mac OS X 10.8.3 and Server App 2.2.1 installed using the command line because I couldn't connect via ARD anymore at that time and the users couldn't login at all with their OD accounts.

After the reboot no user was able to login to the messages server which wasn't any problem before this reboot. "User ID or password is wrong". The messages service in server.app is running. I restarted it twice without any advance. The passwordservice server log shows up all requests and the passwordservice error log has no entries at all. I couldn't find any related entries in any of the logs I searched in, especially not in the system.log.

The users trying to login are local network users which are allowed to use this service and are all members of one group which is also allowed to use this service.

If I turn the messages service off and try it again I get the same error. Therefor I can't even say if the service is definitely running but port 5223 is opened.

Any suggestions?

I really appreciate your help!

Kind regards,

ragob66

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 3:18 AM

1 reply

Messages - no user is allowed to login after server reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.