4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2013 8:43 AM by BilaProduction
BilaProduction Level 1 (0 points)

When should I create a DVD with compressor on a MacBookPro shows the message "The disk can not be created Because another application is using the drive".

I have no other applications open and if I move the project to a MacPro there are no problems. I know that you have already talked about it but I have not found the solution and I do not want to use external burners. Can you help?

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Compressor
  • Michael Grenadier Level 7 (20,340 points)

I suspect that you're inserting the blank dvd too soon.    You might try this. In system preferences cd/dvd's change "when you insert a blank dvd" to open with compressor.  Alternately, I'd suggest you create the m2v and ac3 files in compressor using the appropriate dvd preset and do the build and burn in dvdsp. 

• BilaProduction Level 1 (0 points)

I tried it but the result is always the same. I know I can go to dvdsp but I want to make things work in the right way and understand why only on this new computer does not go. Thanks anyway. Any other suggestions?

• Russ H Level 7 (20,270 points)

I haven't run into this error, but see if this works instead:

In Job Action, choose Hard Drive for Output Device. It will make a disk image file. Bring that img into Disk Utility and burn from there.

Russ

• BilaProduction Level 1 (0 points)

You are very kind but the problem with doing the DVD so alternative is already solved. But why compressor gives me 'that message and only on that computer while on the other it's okay?