Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is instagram 'disappearing' from my iphone 4S

I am using iOS6.1.3.

Instagram just disappeared.

In app store, the update or 'free' button is faded, i can't click on it.

Have been through all steps on the help screen and synched via computer but the app loads then vanishes off iphone screen.

I assume i am not the only one, is there a fix?

thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, instagram

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 12:46 PM

Hello AxHammond,

Great question! The only reason the "Free" button would be grayed out in the App Store is if age restrictions were setup on your device. This setting can be found in Settings > General > Restrictions > Allowed Content - Apps. Specifically, it sounds like you have 9+ or below enabled as the particular app you are referring to is 12+.

Please see the following for more information on Restrictions:

iOS: Understanding Restrictions (Parental Controls)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213

Once you disable the restriction, the app will return to your home screen (on the right most page). If it does not, you should be able to download it once more.

Thanks,

Matt M.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2013 12:46 PM in response to AxHammond

Hello AxHammond,

Great question! The only reason the "Free" button would be grayed out in the App Store is if age restrictions were setup on your device. This setting can be found in Settings > General > Restrictions > Allowed Content - Apps. Specifically, it sounds like you have 9+ or below enabled as the particular app you are referring to is 12+.

Please see the following for more information on Restrictions:

iOS: Understanding Restrictions (Parental Controls)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213

Once you disable the restriction, the app will return to your home screen (on the right most page). If it does not, you should be able to download it once more.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jul 14, 2013 8:19 PM in response to matt00

I Have a similar issue. Instagram disappeared from my iPhone 4 a couple of days ago and I can't reload. In App Store once I search for Instagram it appears with "OPEN" greyed out. I have done a check on restrictions which are turned off and have tried rebooting the phone. Do you have any other suggestions?

Jul 29, 2013 12:23 AM in response to AxHammond

I had this same problem! What I had to do was go to Settings, General, Usage. And there should be a picture of Instagram, click it and then press remove app or delete app. If you don't See instagram then you should like white looking apps click it and delete them all. Once you do that just go to back to the App Store & download instagram again. Should work!

Why is instagram 'disappearing' from my iphone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.