Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Link to audio clip showing my GB crackle probs. Please listen/help.

hi all,

this is an ongoing prob and I wanted people to listen to the crackle Im getting in nearly all of my GB songs.

Fast forward the song to 4.00 and you will hear it and then again at around 4.20.

It is random and no matter how many fx or tracks I delete or mixes I try in various ways I cannot eliminate this noise. It seems to be at the end of songs mostly but not always and is usually when most tracks have stopped and just a few are runnning which is odd.

Someone gave me a theory that having the same soft synth (Ie- Alchemy or Podolski) on multiple tracks in the same song could be the reason but why would anyone buy these great products if you couldnt use them as much as you wanted in a song?

I am now out of ideas and am literally sat with a 17 track album that no one can hear. Any advice, tips welcomed.

Does anyone recognize this sound? Have you suffered with it and how did you kill it?

Many thanks

Paul

https://soundcloud.com/porlemery/dreaming-test

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 6:43 AM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2013 7:50 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

hi, yes there are 3 real Instrument tracks

1- drum sample sourced from a track via my itunes library- this track has fx such as echoe and Zebrify added to it

2-second drum as above- this track has Reaktor Aerobics Fx added

3 my vocal recorded with condenser mic into maudio fast track interface into imac- this track has an FX from Guitar rig on my vocal

all other tracks are software

thanks Paul

Link to audio clip showing my GB crackle probs. Please listen/help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.