Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri wont go over my car speakers while connected to Bluetooth.....

Hey Guys,

So I have a 4S with 6.1.3 IOS. My Iphone connects to my Panasonic car stereo via bluetooth just fine except for one thing. When I pull up Siri by holding the home button no sound comes out of my car stereo. Everything else works fine......music plays through via Bluetooth, calls, and everything. Everything except Siri. Why is that? Is it fixable? Is there something I need to change in settings?

Appreciate the help. Thanks,

My car is a 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring model

Stereo is Panasonic DEH-X9500

I have also tried connecting to the stereo via USB to see if Siri works that way as well......it doesnt.

And yes I have tried using siri while not connected to anything and it works just fine.

Help! 😢

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 7:40 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2017 3:47 PM in response to djpullout

I have two cars from FCA group with different infotainment systems:

1) a Fiat 500x with Uconnect Live 6.5"

2) an Alfa Romeo Stelvio with Uconnect 8.4"

The Fiat 500x works flawlessly with Siri, when I click on the steering wheel voice activation command, then Siri responds via the car's speakers. In addition, voice dictation works fine.

On the Alfa Romeo instead, my iPhone behaves strangely, with no apparent explanation or message to the user. When is connected in the car Bluetooth, the voice control button on the steering wheel starts the car's own assistant, Siri doesn’t react.

When I click on Home button, Siri tries to start, but when I speak it does not hear anything, it keeps asking me to say something. In addition, the voice dictation does not listen. There is no explanation to the user.

I don't understand why there is such poor explanation why Siri doesn't work in some cars, they could explain better the rules to the final users.

Jul 12, 2013 8:22 AM in response to djpullout

Check this support document http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647 about supported Bluetooth profiles. Not all car stereos will support the use of Siri. It has to do with the stereo's capability to connect to the voice control of the phone. You can look at this troubleshooting support document for car stereos http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581. I am not sure exactly what Bluetooth protocol is necessary for the use of Siri, but you might want to check with Panasonic support about this. You cannot be the first person to ask this question.

Seeing how Siri came out after your vehicle did, it is possible there would be a firmware update to your car stereo. Check with your dealer to check with the vehicle manufacturer for an update.

Message was edited by: ChrisJ4203

Siri wont go over my car speakers while connected to Bluetooth.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.