Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does it mean when you send a text message, hit the send button, the message turns green, but you never get a delivered response. On other text messages they are blue, you hit send, and right away you get a delivered response. Why are some messages

What does it mean when you send a text message, hit the send button, the message turns green, but you never get a delivered response. On some text messages you hit send, the message is blue and you get a delivered response right away. The messages we send that are green are getting delivered, because we have had a response back. What is the difference between the green and the blue?

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 7:43 AM

7 replies

Apr 5, 2014 6:53 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Most modern smart phones will let you send messages longer than 160 characters.

They'll let you send them, but a friend of mine and I had quite the headache when doing so as the messages would get broken up into 160-character-long chunks and get sent out of order. I found it simpler to just keep my messages shorter. He wasn't sure if it was a carrier issue, something with his phone, or a combination of the two.

He has since switched to an iPhone and we don't have those issues anymore 😉

~Lyssa

What does it mean when you send a text message, hit the send button, the message turns green, but you never get a delivered response. On other text messages they are blue, you hit send, and right away you get a delivered response. Why are some messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.