Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configuring PE11 as external editor

I have Aperture 3.4.5 and Photoshop Elements 11.0 installed on my iMac (Mountain Lion). I have set the export preferences to launch PE11 as the external editor and set the file format to PSD 16 bit although I have tried other formats. When I go to Photos/Edit with Photoshop E;ements 11, Aperture launches PE 11 but the image never loads. I just have a blank workspace. Prior to upgrading to PE 11, I had PE9 and Aperture worked with that.

If I export an image from Aperture to the desktop then open it in PE11, that works OK so I think there is either a configuration problem or a bug bu I'm stuck. Any idea what to do next?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 10:51 AM

Check, how you have set up the external editor:

http://barbarabrundage.com/2011/10/05/adobe-hide-and-seek-setting-pse-10-as-exte rnal-editor/

You need to point the editor to:

Applications>Adobe Photoshop Elements 11>Support Files>Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor

and not to the Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 folder.

3 replies

Configuring PE11 as external editor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.