Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you use QL Gypsy in Logic?

Hello,

I just purchased QL, (ew), Gypsy and I can't figure out how to make it show up in my Logic Pro 9 library.

Its in my computer and the activation is on my iLok (though it only allows me to activate it to the iLok).

Can anyone help?

Sorry if this is neive, I'm a newby to this,

Thanks!

-Thomas

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 12:41 PM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2013 2:15 PM in response to thmann

Assuming you have the latest version of Gypsy.. and have authorized the software correctly via your iLok .. then you will find EW's Play plugin when you left click and hold on the Software Instrument button in the track inspector for a Software Instrument track....

See this link for more info... and look at the "To Insert Software Instrument......." section of that page....

Jul 12, 2013 2:52 PM in response to thmann

Did you install the AU Plugin in Logic? Did you check the AudioUnit Manager to see if you have installed the AU Plugin correctly and that it has been validated?

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=10%26se ction=13%26tasks=true

If Play doesn't show upm in there then you have not corerectly installed Play so try again making sure you elect to install the AudioUnit (AU) version of the plugin... and not just the VST or Standalone version..

If Play shows up there and has been validated....

Are you sure you have created a Software Instrument track.. selected that track and then left clicked and held on the Software Instrument button for that track.. and not an Insert Slot button....

How do you use QL Gypsy in Logic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.